Hello ASA Families,
There have been some questions regarding what school will look like when we return in the fall. While we cannot predict the future in relation to covid and what the legislature/governor may or may not do this is our current understanding of the conditions:
- The Safe Learning Plan for schools expires at the end of the current school year. Districts are being asked to set local policies for any summer sessions and that is currently posted on our website under the covid page. These guidelines are based on the CDC/MDH recommendations at this time. If there are changes, we will update the plan on the site for clarification.
- After July 1, the state-wide mask mandate expires. ASA will be following our updated summer plan through the remainder of the summer sessions/ESY. In the summer plan, masks are only recommended for those not vaccinated, not required.
- Unless there is legislative action, there is no pending guidance regarding the start of the 2021-22 school year as of yet. If there is no new guidance, ASA will be returning to a pre-covid style of operation for the fall.
So as of the date of this posting:
- ASA is not planning on requiring face masks for the 2021-22 school year unless we are directed otherwise by state agencies.
- If someone is at risk or otherwise feels it is necessary for health reasons to wear a mask in the fall, ASA has no issue with them choosing to do so.
- There is no state mandate that requires students to be vaccinated for covid in order to attend school. ASA will follow whatever the state guidance is on this matter.
If anything from the state changes between the date of this posting and the start of the school year, we will make sure to get information out to parents as soon as we are able to do so.
Everyone stay safe and have a good summer,